Salzburg is a city in central Austria, at the northernedge of the Alps. The old part of Salzburg is home to a variety of architectural styles and treasures, protected not least by a number of conservation directives. Tucked away out of clear view, a stroll along the lanes, alleys and passageways can reveal buildings dating back to the medieval, romantic, renaissance and baroque periods, as well as the sophisticated, classical architecture of the homes belonging to the monarchy. There is hardly an epoch of historical note that has not left its mark within the city.Salzburg was the birthplace of 18th-century composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. In the mid 20th century, the city was the setting for the musical play and film The Sound of Music.
Getreidegasse street in the historic center of the city. There is the old Town Hall, the home of Mozart, coffee and pastry «Furst», which sells delicious candy kyugeli and many other interesting places. Now this street is full of cafés and boutiques are located in historic buildings. The charm of the Getreidegasse, probably Salzburg's most famous Shopping lane, is not only generated by the high, narrow houses tightly nestled together, the enticing shops and the wrought iron guild signs, but also to the romantic passageways and courtyards.
The Cathedral is one of the most important architectural and historical sights of Salzburg. The first building on this site was built in the year 767 - in the center of the former Roman city Yuvavum. 24 September 774, the cathedral was consecrated in honor of the two Saints - Peter and Rupert. In 1167 the church was badly damaged by fire, ten years later rebuilt, and in 1598 again was burned to the ground. September 25, 1628 was consecrated the new cathedral, which was beautiful, luxurious and majestic past, in that form, which is before us today. At the Cathedral of Salzburg, is a museum that houses the ancient religious artifacts and works of art.
Mozart House is another museum of the great composer in his homeland, where he lived from 1773 to 1780. House of Mozart, also called "Tantsmeystersky house" was first mentioned in official documents in 1617. Museum exhibits tell about the family's history and history of the house.
In 1944, two-thirds of the house was destroyed by bombs. Then the owner sold the victim from the bombing of the building of the Italian insurance company "Assicurazioni Generali" for the construction of its offices. And only in 1989, the building was purchased by the International Mozarteum Foundation.
In 1996 the museum was opened to the public thanks to the numerous international sponsors. Since 2013, in the house of Mozart's works with an interesting exhibition of original paintings of Mozart.